Tuesday 29 January 2013

Lets begin!


Researching...

The first thing I did when I found out about this task was some background research into other school magazines made from previous media students. This is the front cover that I picked apart and found out the typical conventions of a front cover of a school magazine... 

This magazine cover uses many typical things that a school magazine uses such as a main picture of a student who is looking happy and studious with the books that she is holding in her hands. This indicates that the school is a happy environment leading to a positive outlook in learning. The model is also smartly dressed which shows this school as being formal and organised. In my school magazine I am going to use inspiration from this front cover and use one model who is smartly dressed in uniform looking happy and confident. This front cover has only 3 colours in its colour scheme which means that it isn't overbearing however a bright colour scheme is good to use as it shows that the school is bright and fun instead of dull and boring. Even though i am will not use the same green, yellow and white colour scheme, I will stick to 3 colours or below for my front cover. The colours I am going to choose are blues and whites as that is the school colours for Whitley Bay High School. In the Hazeley's school front cover, there is a barcode at the bottom right hand corner, I will not use a barcode in my front cover as the magazine is not going to be for sale to therefore will not need a barcode on it. A typical convention of a school magazine is that it has more than one story on the front cover of what will be featuring on the inside, this normally is put on one side of the cover half way down the page. It also has the date and name of the school at the top of the page. These are all things I will do in my front cover. 



This contents page is trendy and quirky page. It is bright and colourful which is inviting for the reader. This also shows that the school are creative. Using all of the different colours creates a happy image for the reader. The layout of the contents is easy to read as it has a sub heading in bold and colour and then underneath that it has further information on that page. The recycling sign in the corner shows that the school cares for the environment and is setting out a good example for the students. This contents page doesn't have any photographs whereas I will use photos on the contents page as it is more personal and gets a deeper look into the school. I am still going to make the contents page stylish and appealing to the eye yet it will still have information on the school and will all be relevant. 



Lizzy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment