Saturday 23 February 2013

Double page spread research

This is a double page spread from Q magazine with Lady Gaga.  This page is keeping to the red colour scheme which Q has going on throughout the whole of the magazine. I am going to keep the same colour scheme throughout all of my pages of my magazine. This double page spread has one side which is a mid shot black and white photo and then on the other side is the article. I like the large 'L' which is the whole background on the right hand side, I am going do this on my double page spreads as I feel it gives off a stylish and professional look. 

This is another double page spread from Q magazine. Underneath Dolly Parton's name, there is a overview of what the interview is going to be like. This can grab the reader in and it is a convention of a double page spread article. I am going to put an overview/summary underneath either the title or the name of the celebrity. 

This is a double page spread from NME magazine. This double page spread is a bit different to the other 2 as the article goes over 2 pages instead of all the writing being on one side and the photo on the other side. My article will go over 2 pages instead of half and half. Double page spreads also have quotes dotted around the pages which has been taken out of the article. The photo is a full length shot and the writing goes round the silhouette of the model. 
In my double page spread, I am going to put a large letter behind the text which is the beginning of letter of the name of the artist. 
This double page spread is of Solange Knowles. I like how there is one main photo of her which is a long shot and then in the back ground there is 7 smaller images of her in black and white. I like the idea of using more that one image of the model on the double page spread. I am going to use more than one photo. 

This double page spread is from Billboard magazine and it is with Cher Lloyd.  The way that this article is laid out is questions and answers interview. I think I will do a question and answers as it seems more personal and has more of the celebrities input.


No comments:

Post a Comment